Thursday, December 13, 2012

Week 28 update

It is the first time I have done one of these. At first I felt these were only for regular pregnant people...not the formerly infertile ones!


How far along? 28 weeks

How big is baby? Some weird fruit that I am too lazy to look up.

Total weight gain/loss:  Up 20 lbs.  I am happy with that! Even if I gain 2 lbs every week here on out like suggested for twins it will end up being roughly 36-38 lbs.

Maternity clothes? Uh, duh.  I am wearing regular tights and sweat pants ( no need for anything else) because I do not like anything over my stomach, but I definitely need maternity shirts to cover this big ol belly.

Sleep: Ambien anyone?  It is difficult to sleep in a hospital so the nurses practically push Ambien.  At first I resisted, but when I gave in I realized what a difference it makes.  When I get a good night's sleep I can deal with a full day of doing nothing.

Best moment this week: Signing my discharge papers to go home!

Movement: Yes.  Baby A kicks in my pelvic region and along my pant line. Some times she runs her hand or foot along my stomach which feels so strange.  I feel Baby B very seldom.  Either that or I cannot distinguish between the two.  Both are facing towards my spine so I probably only feel a small portion of their movements.  

Food cravings: Not a craving, I would just like a Starbucks when I feel like getting one.  J brings them to me on the weekend when I ask, but there is a Starbucks in the cafeteria down stairs just teasing me!  I can't get to it unless someone wheels me down there and they keep really weird hours.

Food Aversions: Um not that I can think of!

Gender: My two little ladies

Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks, uterine tightness, contractions, short cervix, irritable uterus. My uterus is very angry with me

Pregnancy Symptoms:  Hurts to lay on my right side, achy legs at times, leaking boobs (already??)

Belly Button in or out? In a state of limbo.  Not flat, but definitely not like it used to be

What I miss:  Being in the real world, doing things for myself, sleeping without being medicated

What I am looking forward to: Going home to this place
This pic was taken two years ago...the last time we had a real snow


Upcoming appointments/events:  I do not have any appointments for a week! After seeing the doctors every day and having an ultrasound once or twice a week this seems like an eternity.

Weekly Wisdom: Compression stockings...I hear a lot of people talking about swelling in their legs and feet.  I have not had any issues and I think it is from wearing these stockings.  Not the most stylish things but I am not trying to impress anyone right now lol.

Milestones: Goodness gracious I cannot think of any baby milestones that I am looking forward to.  That's sad. Things I was looking forward to: 3d/4d, baby classes, maternity photos are now things I won't be able to do.  Boo hoo.  From here on out it was just be baby checkup and growth scans which I always look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment