Sunday, July 1, 2012

Welcome to the part of the day where I can't breathe

I guess I have a slight case of OHSS (Ovarian Hyper Stimulation Syndrome).  My stomach is so distended I look about 3-4 months pregnant and it is rock hard.  After I eat it becomes so hard to breathe! ugh.  I asked my nurse about it and she said that as long as I am urinating in accordance to how much I am drinking it is perfectly normal, even a good sign.  I have been reading blogs of two other women who have moderate-severe OHSS and basically unless you are gaining 5 lbs a day, there is nothing the doctors can do anyway- except tell you to drink Gatorade.  So, I have been chugging away on the Gatorade and thanking God for summer dresses.

1 comment:

  1. Oh jeeze.. sorry you're going through that. :/

    Maybe consider it practice for the future belly?

    ReplyDelete