Thursday, August 9, 2012

Doppler & end of IVF Calendar

I caved and bought a Doppler last Thursday morning and to my surprise it was hanging on my mailbox when we returned home from grocery shopping Saturday afternoon.  I was so excited I wanted to just throw the groceries on the counter and tear off my pants to hear the heartbeats lol. Saturday was 9w2d and we had no trouble at all finding a heartbeat!  J was too nervous to let me play around and find both so after a few minutes we gave it a rest.  Now, J likes to pretend he is the doctor and find their heartbeats and after a day or two he actually found both with only about 1/2 inch separating them.  It is such a reassurance that anytime I am feel unsure about what is going on in there I can hear their heartbeats.

In other super duper exciting news, tonight is my last Progesterone in Oil shot and EV2 suppository!!! I royally screwed up my shots the last few nights, sticking myself in the same side two nights in a row (not a big deal, but boy does it hurt) and then also handing J a syringe which still had the needle I use to draw up the medicine.  The problem is that needle is like a 22 gauge, which is ginormous.  J didn't realize and tried to poke me twice with it and it wouldn't go in, thank goodness.

The only other medication I will continue on (besides prenatals and extra folic acid) is the Dexamethasone.  I have to taper off it, taking it every other day for a week.  I cannot believe that I am at the end of my IVF calendar.  If my RE was close I would be having my graduation ultrasound with him for 10 weeks and graduating to my OB.  Since he is in Vegas, I will just continue to be cared for by my OB.  We actually have a schedule appt tomorrow (not just a freak out appt) and I am hoping my babies are moving like crazy!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for the end of PIO and dex (man I hated that stuff!) and it's amazing that you can check on their heart beats any time you want!!! Also congrats on your graduation from Dr S!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hitting the end of that PIO injection is SUPER exciting. Congratulations to you lady... getting your own doppler sounds like the perfect way to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete