Friday, August 3, 2012

9 Weeks

We have made it to 9 weeks! Yesterday I had an ultrasound and both the babies arms and legs were moving like crazy! It was so neat to see.  I was pretty nauseas for a good 2-3 weeks straight and then I got some relief for a few days.  Unfortunately, along with the "relief" came spotting.  My doctor got me in right away and they discovered I had a small sub-chorionic hemorrhage (SCH).  Basically it is something that can happen when the embryos are implanting into the uterine wall, and it is more likely to happen with twins.  My doctor said it wasn't too big of a deal, but that I should take it easy.  Whatever that means! Week 5 my doctor told me to stop working out and I have not been able to lift anything over 10 lbs since week 2, so I have to say I have been taking it easy already.

A few hours after I left the doctors office, my doctor called and asked if I could come in right away.  I have a negative blood type and he was afraid that the bleeding may have also been cause by my body trying to reject the babies.  Seriously, if it's not one thing is another.  The solution was easy.  I got a Rhogam shot to help protect the babies in case they have a positive blood type.  I will have to get another one around 32 weeks and then one after they are born.

Then on top of the SHC and negative Rh, my doctor tells me my thrombophilia panel came back and I have a blood clotting disorder.  What. The. Hell.  I'm not even surprised any more.  My OB prescribed baby Aspirin and my RE prescribed extra folic acid.  I don't feel like figuring out who is right and who is wrong so for the moment I am taking both.

In spite of everything I am feeling pretty confident about my little babies.  I have nausea almost all the time, but when I don't I am starving and tired!  All good signs of a healthy pregnancy, right?  Seeing them moving around yesterday was just the best feeling and made it feel so real.  They are like little people and can do people things!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry about thebleeding, that had to be so scary! I'm so glad they didn't have to put you on lovenox! My OB and dr s adamantly disagreed about that one and it was a mess!

    ReplyDelete