Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Gluten-free granola bars recipe

Today I was headed to work, but my eyes kept watering, I was sneezing and overall I just felt like crap.  I didn't want to pass on any kind of sickness for the holidays, so I cancelled my appts and headed back home.  To pass the time at home I made some gluten-free granola bars.  They turned out pretty yummy!



Gluten-free Granola Bars
3 cups gf rolled oats
2/3 cup oat bran
1 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp canola oil
3/4 cup blue agave nectar (can substitute with maple syrup)
6 tbsp melted I can't believe it's not butter stick
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup almonds
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup cranberries
1/2 unsweetened coconut flakes





Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
Mix all of the dry ingredients together.
Mix all of the liquid ingredients in a separate bowl.
Mix dry and liquid together.  Add agave sweetener if mixture is too dry.  Try for a happy medium that is not too sticky and not too dry.
PS- use any dried fruit, nuts or seeds that you like.  Aim for 2-3 cups total.
Grease a 13" x 9" x2" pan.
Pour granola into pan.
Push granola down so that it will bind together.  It is helpful to put a piece of plastic-wrap on and then press down.
Cook for 25-30 minutes.
Mixture may be soft when it comes out of the oven, but it will firm up as it cools.





Cut and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment