Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Endo- diet

I have taken on the Endo diet since November 1st.  No dairy,  no soy, no gluten, no red meat, only organic meat, lots of fruits, veggies, nuts and seeds.  I've gotten most of my information for the diet from this book: Endometriosis: A key to healing through Nutrition.


Of course, I have had my cheat days.  Sometimes we go to Subway and I cannot resist getting a flatbread sandwich with pepper jack cheese and chicken.  And the holidays are pretty tough, as I make no special requests for food items.  I am fine to eat some of these items, but I definitely notice when I eat gluten.  I get a sharp pain in my lower abdomen.

I wanted to start this blog for a few reasons; 1) There are so many other women in the same exact position as me and I find relief in reading their blogs as well and 2) I can use this as a source to vent.  There is nothing more frustrating than trying to explain your feelings to friends and family and being told "It will happen!" "Stop stressing".  I know they are trying to be reassuring, but it just doesn't help!  I'd rather someone just listen and say "Yeah, that does suck".

I am hoping to use this blog mainly to vent, relate to others and post some new endo recipes.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment