Monday, June 18, 2012

Hot Shot!


CD 9
Today my b/w was scheduled for 8:30 and u/s for 10:30.  Got up at 5:30 once again (ugh!) We went back to the hotel in between appointments so I could finish getting ready because we had plans to hit the strip after the ultrasound.  Today Dr. Sher came in his white wash jeans and cowboy boots and I was very tempted to ask him if he got them in Nashville cause it sure looked like an outfit you would wear in the south!

My lining was 15mm and when he started to look at my ovaries and he like “hot shot….” And at first I didn’t realize what he was talking about but then it became clear he was talking to my ovaries and calling them hot shots lol.  Right ovary: 18 x 3, 17, 16 x2, 15 x 4, 14 x 2, 12.  Left ovary: 19 x 2, 18 x 2, 17, 16.  Total of 19 follicles today and all of the follicles from yesterday have seen good growth.  Sher turned to J Bird and told him, “The follicles look almost as good as your wife!” ha we had a good laugh at that.  My Estradiol level is 1340. Then Sher dropped the bomb on us- Trigger shot tonight! Wow, we weren’t really expecting to do it this soon, but the sooner the better.  A babycation is nice and all, but two weeks is a long time to be away from home and work.

Nurse Linda showed J Bird how to do the trigger shot.  It is an intramuscular shot taken in the bicep.  He was feeling a little trepidation about the shot.  After watching me give myself sub-q shots for two weeks, I think he realized that he does not want to have to administer shots!  Including the PIO, which he was so excited to do a few weeks ago. 

After the appointment we went to the strip, lost $100 on blackjack and slots in like 6 minutes flat, walked around for a few hours, and ate lunch.  
Bellagio ceiling

Ceasars Palace


What's Vegas without some boobs

Buddha station


Being in the hot desert sun of only 105 degrees (yeah right) really wore us down so we headed back to the hotel and laid around until it was time to do the deed.  The shot that is! 10:30 was our given time and it is very important to take it at exactly the time they tell you to. First we practiced with an extra needle on a banana haha.  An orange would have been ideal to simulate skin, but it was all we had!  I just wanted J to get the feel of how slow to press the plunger down.  We iced my arm and J Bird just went for.  Well sort of.  He stuck me once and apparently I didn’t feel it and it didn’t go in.  The second time he got it all the way in. I had dead arm after he did it, but that was a good sign to know that it went into the muscle.

No comments:

Post a Comment