Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Another part of the equation

I finally got back my blood work for elevated natural killer cells.  It really didn't take that long, I was just impatient!  The nurse sent me an email telling me that I do have elevated rates of natural killer cells.  It's really not a big deal to me I am just happy that we have this part of the equation figured out before we drop a few G's on IVF.  My treatment will include one intralipids infusion before I leave for Las Vegas and then one more if indeed I have a positive beta test.

I will be having another consultation with my Dr tonight and he is going to explain more about activated natural killer cells (NKA).  From what I understand, about 30% of women with endometriosis have NKA.  NKA can explain reoccurring miscarriages or why an embryo will not implant in the first place.  I cannot explain as good as my RE so if you would like you can read his blog here.

In other news I have been on birth control pills for over a week.  Isn't it funny you go on birth control before IVF?  I am pretty sure they put you on birth control so that they are able to regulate your cycle in order for everyone who is cycling in June to start on the same date.  The birth control makes me feel nauseous and yucky all day long.  No me gusta.

All of my drugs arrived on Friday!  I worked half a day and then raced home to wait for my drug dealer Fed Ex man.  I sat in my office and did work, but any time I heard a car came down the street I couldn't help but look out of the window.  I was surprised and ecstatic to find out that I have Progesterone suppositories and not Progesterone in oil (PIO).  PIO comes as a intra muscular injection and you have to do it every night.  I've heard horror stories about lumpy booties and how painful it is.  So thankful my doc sent the suppositories!
All my "drugs": Starbucks included in the category




1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're seeing dr s! And that you found the NK cell issue early! Intralipids are no biggy at all and you can always ask me if you have any questions. Also I'm super jealous because dr s made me do supps and PIO... Lucky!

    ReplyDelete