Thursday, May 10, 2012

Protcol and Endo diet

Last week I talked to my nurse and she gave me my protocol.  I am not sure what type it is but it is apparently a pretty light protocol.  Which is awesome considering the price range of drugs was $2000-10,000 and mine was on the very low end.  (Pretty large range, eh?)  Insurance covered the Progesterone and Folic Acid which only amounted to $400, but considering what they pay for IVF itself (a big fat $0), I'll take it!

We have been discussing ways to cut back on our spending since we did not have any time to plan for the very large payment we are going to make in 4 days.  J Bird called Comcast and got us a sweet deal taking $30 off our bills and giving us about 20 more channels (Oxygen yay!)  Other than the necessary bills, our largest expense each month is groceries.  We both love to eat and to eat healthy at that.  It's not cheap to buy all that good stuff so I started trying to make one (two if absolutely necessary) trip to the grocery store a week.  If I forgot to buy something at the store we try to do without it because it seems as though I can never get out of the grocery store with just the items on my list which equals more moolah.

Around March I had completely given up on the endo diet.  It was too hard to stick to and I wasn't seeing any difference.  3 weeks ago I had a moment.  I was volunteering at a baseball game for the company I work for, just trying to get our name out there.  With it being Autism month the baseball team agreed to "feature" our company on their scoreboard between innings.  A girl I work with was there with her adorable 4 month old and she told me that she went GF and vegan to increase her fertility.  And obviously it worked for her!

I decided to really stick to the diet this time around.  I made it a little easier on myself by only focusing on gluten-free, dairy free (except for Greek yogurt), vegetarian and limiting soy but not excluding it all together.  Trying to start this diet in the spring time is a bazillion times easier that attempting to start it around the holiday season.  With all the fresh fruits and vegetables in season I have not been so tempted to fall off the wagon.

My food staples have been; mean green juice, Chex cereal w/almond milk, fruit shakes, grilled eggplant, spaghetti squash, grilling yellow and green zucchini, mushrooms and peppers, salad, Naked juices, guacamole, almond thins and for a very yummy snack Larabars (which I made home-made today).  So far, so good! The only time I knowingly cheated was communion this past Sunday.  Boy, oh boy did that Hawaiian bread taste good.

No comments:

Post a Comment