Saturday, May 26, 2012

The start of the journey

Yesterday I actually slept in! I only had an afternoon appointment so I let J Bird go work out at 6 am without me.  When I heard him come in and start to juice, I immediately sprung out of bed and thought, "I have to take my meds!!"

I ate breakfast and waited about 30 mins to take the Lupron shot and waited another 30 mins to take the Dex to try to avoid nausea.  The shot was very easy, I didn't even feel it go in.  Before I took the Dex I started to feel nauseous and short of breath.  I googled the symptoms and while nausea is typical, shortness of breath can be an allergic reaction.  I emailed my nurse and she said that if it continues I should call the office.

The Dex didn't seem to do anything else to add to the side effects, except that while we were at The Avengers movie my legs started to hurt so bad! It felt like growing pains.  When I  got home I jumped in a hot bath for a few mins and took some Tylenol.  It seemed to help alleviate the pain in my legs.

Right now I just ate breakfast and I'm killing some time before taking my medicines.  I hope yesterday was just an adjustment period.  My parents drove all the way down from PA yesterday and we plan on exploring a flea market, farmers market, hitting up the pool (It's a high of 96 today!) and making some good food :)

No comments:

Post a Comment